Many drivers neglect their tires until a problem develops. This is of great concern as no driver wants to be stranded on the side of the road late at night due to a flat or punctured tire. Well maintained tires contribute to the safety of the vehicle and improve overall fuel economy. Good tires not only offer a more comfortable ride, but also improve braking distances in all weather conditions. Many drivers don’t know what to look for when buying tires Alexandria VA. Here are some tips to make the tires in Alexandria VA buying process easier.
1. Inspect tires regularly to ensure they are safe and road ready. Cracked sidewalls, excessive tread wear or bulging of the tires are all signs new tires are in your near future. Tires more than ten years old should be replaced even if they look okay as rubber deteriorates when exposed to oxygen.
2. Refer to the owner’s manual to see what size and type of tires are recommended for your make and model. This information may also be found on the information placard in the vehicle which is permanently attached as required by law.
3. Check the wheels before buying new tires Alexandria VA. Damaged or worn wheels can affect the tires of the car so they should be replaced along with the tires. Be sure to purchase wheels appropriate for your car and speak to a specialist as the wrong wheels can significantly decrease the handling of the vehicle.
4. Purchase a full matching set as modern vehicle suspension systems are designed to work best when all four tires match. Tires are easier to maintain when all are replaced at the same time and suspension issues are easier to detect. Four matched tires also allow the car to operate at full potential when it comes to safety and predictable handling.
5. Don’t overlook the spare tire when purchasing a new set for your car. Have the spare inspected and replace it if necessary. If the car uses a full size spare, you can keep the best of the tires being replaced to use for this purpose.
Never neglect the tires on your car. Tires play an important role in the safety of a vehicle. This is one thing you don’t want to mess around with as you need to be safe when behind the wheel.