Almost 100 years ago, in 1933, a now defunct company in New York City was the first-ever organization to facilitate customized auto air conditioning installations, but the vast majority of their service requests involved high-end limousines, luxury convertibles, and other upscale vehicles.
Nevertheless, auto air conditioning has become synonymous with our cars, trucks, SUVs, and other automobiles over the past several decades, which is why we’ve created this brief exposé to underscore some of the most vital informational tidbits regarding vehicular AC units – namely those you might not have been aware of.
Evaluating Your Car’s AC Unit from a Critical Perspective
Whether you’d like to book a cost-effective repair for your auto air conditioning in Pearl City or simply wish to learn more about the mechanism, we’ve highlighted the facts you need to know:
- While it’s true that older, outmoded vehicles utilize extra gasoline during AC operation, modern vehicles do not exhibit this particular inefficiency.
- In fact, opening your windows and subjecting your car to air-based drag is actually far harder on your gas mileage.
- You shouldn’t be concerned if you notice a puddle of water under your vehicle – this is normal and it indicates that the evaporator is working properly.
- However, it’s important to regularly service your built-in air conditioner to avoid breakdowns, failing components, and faulty fans.
- It’s also in your best interest to routinely swap out your cabin air filter, especially if you have pollen allergies or a sensitive respiratory system.
Thus, if your auto air conditioning unit happens to be blowing hot air, making strange clunking noises, or creating rancid smells, you have to partner with a local mechanic at your earliest convenience.
Who Should I Contact for a Service Appointment?
If you reach out to a renowned local service center – such as LS Automotive Repair & Transmission LLC – you’ll be able to clean your system, replace the most integral parts, and ensure year-round functionality without shredding your pocketbook along the way.
All it takes is a few hours to fully restore your AC unit, so get ahold of a reliable professional in your vicinity sooner rather than later. You can also connect them on Facebook.